• Mixed media resin painting on wood
• Year Completed: 2018
• One of a kind artwork
• Size: (H × W × D)
24 in × 24 in × 1 in
60.96 cm × 60.96 cm × 2.54 cm
• Ready to hang
• Signed on the back
• Style: Resin Art & Expressive
• Subject: Geode Agate
• Includes my Certificate of Authenticity
• Oceanic Geode is a one of a kind painting created with resin, acrylic paints, glitter, rocks, and broken pieces of glass on wood. You will receive the artwork "ready to hang" with two-hole D-rings and stainless steel wire already installed on the back. The sides of the artwork are painted black so there's no need to frame it.
• Oceanic Geode was made by mixing my paint in with my resin. My goal was to create a piece of art that looked like that of a geode agate. I've always found geodes to be quite magical and beautiful because on the outside they appear to be just an ordinary rock, but when you break them open it's almost like a surprise on the inside. While working on this piece I noticed that it also kind of looked like a coral reef from a birds eye view. Which, is actually why I named it, Oceanic Geode. The use of resin allows the painting to show depth and it gives the overall painting that "wow" factor. I learned a lot from creating this piece and I was truly pleased with the way it came out.